Saturday, January 8, 2011

My First Color Throw Down!

I made this card for the Color Throw Down challenge. The colors for this challenge are Always Artichoke, Baja Breeze and Cameo Coral.  Copic markers were used to  color my trusty Stampendous kitty in the flowers stamp.  I think I have used this stamp more than any I have. It lends it self to different occasions. On the challenge blog, http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com, Kristin Bueter offers her digital design paper.  I love this, because I can have lots of this beautiful paper!  I am constantly on the look out for card layouts, because I am frequently in a creative slump and  find they help me to get motivated. The layout  used for this card was found at Skipping Stone Designs.  The sentiment is computer generated. Both the image and sentiment were cut out using Nestabilities circle dies.

6 comments:

  1. Donna, I love your fluffles card! Your coloring is amazing. Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting on my Love Life card. I really appreciate your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna! great use of the challenge colours! And I love that kitty super cute!

    I like using a layout or colour challenge to help get me motivated too. Some of my favourite sketch sites are 2S4Y and Card Patterns oh and also CPS... well I do have lots more lol but hope you can find something you like on these :)
    warm regards Jessica T :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card! Great use of the CTD colors and patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Donna! This is an adorable card! Welcome to the Challenge! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AND....so nice that you played along for the first time with us!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoops my first comment didn't go through...hahaha
    I love that you used Kristin's free papers and I love the image you chose to use! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete